BREEDING Question

ManyFISH4Me

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I think I have picked the 2 Bettas for my first pair. The Female I got from a LFS. I fell in love with her coloring. If worst case senerio, she is a veil, what will the result be?

I am thinking it will be this: half or less Veil, some delta, maybe a couple crown? colors: Blue, Green, Red. All Cambo, maybe some butterfly?

ANYONE Have any Ideas???

I'm posting pics of both. 2 of female, because it is hard to photograph her true color.

Attachments

• cambo_female.jpg
    cambo_female.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 28
There's really no way to tell what you'll end up with.

As for her girl, I think she looks Delta, and, while I've gotten pretty good at being able to tell, I have been wrong before, so don't take that as automatic fact.

The reason why I say there's really no way to tell is because we don't know the genetic history of these fish. But, whatever you get, I imagine they'll be quite pretty. Both potential parents are QUITE lovely.

to me the male looks like he has crowntail in him. The breeder I got him from says no, he has no crowntails. I don't know where his tail came from then.

That female is still pretty small it would probable be about a month before I'd try to breed them. I actually have 3 other matches I'm thinking of. Maybe I should post the pics of all 4 pairs, and let everyone here vote on who the parents of my first spawn should be.

I think that would be fun.

Your male doesn't look a bit of a crownie to me. I think his fins were ripped and healed because thats one odd tail shape. Its really hard to determine the offspring so its sorta like trial and error.

Infant, are you talking about the male? The lighting was bad. He has no red wash at all. I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow.

vt tend to be dominant
so nearly all the fry would end up being veils.

the female has red wash in her. you can tell by the red gills.
if she was pure white her gills would be too.
she is still very cute though.

Most reactions

Back