breeding pair of severums

bubbles12003

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
here's a pic of my severums. i didn't want them to breed cause i don't have the space. i have 1 oscar, 3 severums and a sunfish. the babies wont survive unless i move them. when the start to swim can i put them in a 20gal until the start to grown a bit? i'll be selling them to my lfs but my 20gal has platies, any sugestions? i dont have another tank or the room the set one up.

Attachments

• Picture_007resised.jpg
    Picture_007resised.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 33
Cute fish and nice tank! :thumbs:

I think the sev fry would be okay with the platies for a while but watch for aggression as they grow.

bubbles12003 said:
here's a pic of my severums. i didn't want them to breed cause i don't have the space. i have 1 oscar, 3 severums and a sunfish. the babies wont survive unless i move them. when the start to swim can i put them in a 20gal until the start to grown a bit? i'll be selling them to my lfs but my 20gal has platies, any sugestions? i dont have another tank or the room the set one up.
[snapback]908261[/snapback]​

What size tank are the severums, oscar and sunfish in?

Severums will defend their fry from any other fish, I wouldn't worry about their safety with only two other fish in the tank that would eat them ;) The fry would be worse off with the platies IMO

my fish are in a 55gal right now(getting a bigger one in a few weeks) i notices late last night that my oscar and female severums were watching the aggs. my male severum is not even watching any more. weird :/ i'm hoping the aggs hatch sometime today. i'll levae them in the take and see. if i see they are disapearing i'll move them with my platies until they start to grow.

Most reactions

Back