Breeding guppy’s for bigger pectoral fins

Benji k

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I have this little pond outside Thers already 2 male dumbo ear red tail and I’m getting some females dumbos but I’m not looking to keep the same strain. It might sound Abit stupid I just don’t care what couler they are I just love the dumbo fins and I don’t want to cull Any and if I just start with any dumbo guppy’s will all the fish stay dumbo ear guppy’s

I raise guppies and a great quality food I’ve found that’s helped them grow longer fins NOTICEABLY is this probiotic strain flake food made by seachem. If optimistic I’d say you’ll notice a difference of new growth in about 7 days. I’ll post another picture of a new food I’ve ordered that has great reviews I can’t wait to try. Good luck!

Attachments

• 83483638-29B2-4BD6-8057-A06DFE505DFC.jpeg
    83483638-29B2-4BD6-8057-A06DFE505DFC.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 9D75D8E5-A001-4C26-A667-C019C5E5B3BF.jpeg
    9D75D8E5-A001-4C26-A667-C019C5E5B3BF.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 24
I raise guppies and a great quality food I’ve found that’s helped them grow longer fins NOTICEABLY is this probiotic strain flake food made by seachem. If optimistic I’d say you’ll notice a difference of new growth in about 7 days. I’ll post another picture of a new food I’ve ordered that has great reviews I can’t wait to try. Good luck!
Do you recommend those foods I’ll get some of that. And I feed my guppy’s mosquito lavae sometimes. I’ll go to the fish shop and get food like that because I just brought some cheap flakes.

Do you recommend those foods I’ll get some of that. And I feed my guppy’s mosquito lavae sometimes. I’ll go to the fish shop and get food like that because I just brought some cheap flakes.
I absolutely recommend those foods. A couple times a week I give them a few corycat pellets or bloodworms. They go crazy over those but remember, those are only meant to be given lightly not as often as flake food.

I absolutely recommend those foods. A couple times a week I give them a few corycat pellets or bloodworms. They go crazy over those but remember, those are only meant to be given lightly not as often as flake food.
Thers bloodworms in a bucket outside with dirt in it and they just spear and did in the sand and I just feed them some every couple of days.

and if I just start with any dumbo guppy’s will all the fish stay dumbo ear guppy’s
In future generations, there can be some guppies that won't have the dumbo ears. That's quite normal but the majority will remain having big pectoral ears.

Most reactions

Back