Breeding Guppies

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

guppyguy1234

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi guys i am thinking on entering a show in my town for fancy guppie,endlers, basicaly anything thats not your basic guppy but the rules are 

entered fish must have been bred and rared by the person entering 

so i am going to breed endlers i have a ten gallon for the fry and all the equiptment so its the breeding tank i need help with i want to use a clear tub so i nedd to no

what type of tub
size of tub
nedds to be able to be filtered and heated if anyone has any ideas please comment thanks guppyguy1234

Any tub will do. Preferably a large one. About 3 feet long and maybe 1 1/2 feet wide.  Make sure its pretty deep, guppies tend to jump a little.

As far as filtration you don't have to, but I would highly recommend it.  They will poop a lot, they are fish.  I would definitely buy a heater.  Keep the water at about 74-76 degrees Fahrenheit. That is when I have seen my guppies breed the best.

Good luck! That is way cool that your community is doing that! 

yeh ino it was me that asked the pet stores in my town to do it and i breed guppies endlers ino all the ins and outs just wondering wat kinda tub

I just use plastic food grade containers as tanks, in fact some probably aren't even food grade

The big clear stacking/storage boxes work as well

Most reactions

Back