Breeding Fighters

Buddy33

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey guys just would like to know if u can actually bread fighter fish in a normal tank??

How come? why do they need so much room.
room to get away from each other if they decide not to spawn and just kill each other. I had the most stunning mg female ever... any male she saw she went straight for the kill.

I spawn in a 20 long with around 10 plants at one end, the nest at the other. this seems to be the healthiest for my fish because when the female decides shes done she can get far enough away that the male wont chase and harris her.

How come? why do they need so much room.
room to get away from each other if they decide not to spawn and just kill each other. I had the most stunning mg female ever... any male she saw she went straight for the kill.

I spawn in a 20 long with around 10 plants at one end, the nest at the other. this seems to be the healthiest for my fish because when the female decides shes done she can get far enough away that the male wont chase and harris her.

Also when the fry hatch you cant move them out the spawning tank straight away because they are so small, but they still create waste, need room, clean water - too small and even if you do manage a successful spawn the fry die

is that 20 inch long?

I have a tank now, 16 inch long. Only 8 wide, Seeing as im gettin 2 more beta's im looking to buy a bigger tank to divide for the three, and thought i could use this one to try and breed? It's only 4 gallon though.

is that 20 inch long?

I have a tank now, 16 inch long. Only 8 wide, Seeing as im gettin 2 more beta's im looking to buy a bigger tank to divide for the three, and thought i could use this one to try and breed? It's only 4 gallon though.

as We have said you need a 10 gal or bigger for spawning then you need a bigger tank again for a grow out for all your fry you cannot use a 4 gal for either.

Most reactions

Back