Breeding Fancy guppy with regular

Joeyt66

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was just wondering if it is ok to breed fancy guppy with regular guppies? And what will the end result be? Can this be a problem? will they turn out as regular guppies? (im hoping for fancy)

Joeyt66 said:
I was just wondering if it is ok to breed fancy guppy with regular guppies? And what will the end result be? Can this be a problem? will they turn out as regular guppies? (im hoping for fancy)
Im new to this whole breeding fish thing but I dont see why the two guppies you have couldnt breed together. There guppies so guppies will breed with guppies :)

You can breed fancy/"wild" guppies together however more times than not you will end up with plain guppy fry....meaning they will not show much colour at all...there may be the odd fancy fry mixed in however the "fancy" chain will be broken in those fish because they have the wild gene in them.

I guess what i am trying to say is...if you want nice fancy guppies only breed nice fancy guppies lol....as soon as you break the chain of fancy genes with wild genes your breeding line will never produce the fancy variety that many people hope for....trust me i know :(

Most reactions

Back