Breeding corydorras

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Derekshatch

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have 3 albino cory catfish and I was wondering how i could get them to breed/spawn so that they can lay eggs they are in a community tank right now. Do i put them in a breeder box or do i feed them anything special.

If they are ready (the female will be visibly full of eggs) do a 75% water change using cooler water - around 22C. The water needs to be soft, acidic and well oxygenated. Repeat daily until you have eggs. Once you have eggs you can remove the eggs from the tank and put them into a breeder box or hatching tank - make sure the water they go into is identical.

If you choose to use a breeding tank just remove the parents once you have eggs. The ideal ratio is 2 males per female. In the right conditions they will spawn readily.

I have 3 albinos (2 male & 1 female) I feed mine blood worms and Live artemia. Works pretty well. A few extra 10% water changes and they breed like crazy. That being said mine are in a species tank so breeding in more optimal in my case. As for after they spawn, seangee is 100% :good::good:

I have 3 albinos (2 male & 1 female) I feed mine blood worms and Live artemia. Works pretty well. A few extra 10% water changes and they breed like crazy. That being said mine are in a species tank so breeding in more optimal in my case. As for after they spawn, seangee is 100% :good::good:
The eggs can de difficult to remove from the tank as when they are laid, they are attached to the glass, or whatever it may have been laid on so using a razor blade and gently scraping the eggs from the side of the tank is a good idea.

Most reactions

Back