Boyu Orca Tl 450

aly_starh

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I having been reading everyones journals, and wanted abit of advice. I'm thinking about getting the Boyu Orca Tl 450 (60L) :)

I want to start a FOWLR, might possibly get a few soft corals in the future!
As far as fish go i just want 2 Clowns. They will be either False Percula or Ocellaris. As per research, i have found these are the smallest breed). I will be getting CUC etc obviously. :)

Looking at a few peoples Orca 450 tanks, i have noticed lots of people have kept them in pairs, they've even had more fish than the clowns like gobys! I asked for advice from various LFS, even fellow marinest's, some say yes, some say no. I've been researching on the internet aswell and i so 2 websites that said minimum is 40l ?!?!

I know about a few of the flaws on this tank, like the powerhead, loud fan.....list goes on. But im willing to make mods.

This is most probarbly the biggest tank i can afford, once LR & fish are in it etc, also space wise.

So, what are your thoughts? Should i do ahead with it? :D

Just wait till the sisters wake up in the morning, I'm sure they'll be full of oppinions and help :). Long story short, a pretty decent starter tank :)

This is the tank I have. Good little tank when modded but limiting with regards fish. Most people will say it is too small for a pair of percs.

The mods I felt mine needed:
2 new powerhead (one for inlet chamber + one for return chamber)
1 koralia nano powerhead for display area of tank
1 New protein skimmer (I went for Boyu WG308)
2 strips of 12 moonlight LEDs.
2 new fans (I still have to get those)

IMO if you go 2nd hand you can afford a bigger aquarium.

Originally I was going for a nano or maybe 90L-120L but I found I could get a Juwel Rio 180L cheaply and with some equipment. Being 3'3" it's much better for the fish.

I think its a good choice!

got mine 2nd hand for £50. waiting for room to be decorated and should be setting it up in a couple of days :):):):):):):) ! i might even make a journal

just make sure to get a good powerhead, the flow is meant to be pretty rubbish in them lol

Just wait till the sisters wake up in the morning, I'm sure they'll be full of oppinions and help :). Long story short, a pretty decent starter tank :)

:blush: I suppose you mean Trod and i you cheecky.......................... :rofl:

It's a lovely little tank if you want to keep a small fish and maybe a shrimp or two with some corals, you can't keep much more and imo the tank is not suitable for any clowns :crazy:

I would really agree with, think it was Yf that you should look for a second hand bigger tank, there are some amazing bargains and if you want a plug and play then you can't go wrong with the bigger brother the 550 or the D & D tank - there are also a few more on the market at the moment which may be worth looking at.

Go take a look on flea bay and let us know if you find anything and we will help you :good: in the bigger say 125 litre tank you could probably keep approx five fish of about 3 inch, several shrimps and many corals

Anyways, start your journel and journey, let us help you and have fun your journey starts here :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

Yeah, if you can get a bigger tank, say the 550, go for it. I got my 450 for nothing but already I want a much bigger tank and I have barely had mine going for any length of time!!

So if you can get something even a little bigger, do it! :D

Most reactions

Back