Bow Front Tank Cons?

Cheez

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a 26 gal bow front aquarium made by Aqueon. Are there any advantages that a rectangular tank has over a bow front? I heard that fish get more scared when you walk up to the glass of a bow front tank because your image is magnified, is this true?

Also, the tank comes with a hood with room for only one fluorescent tube. Is there a hood I can get for this aquarium that holds 2 tubes? The tank is 24x15x21.

Thanks

i dont think theres anything bad about bow fronts. i think they look nicer than traditional rectangles. dont know about the hood situation

Are there any advantages that a rectangular tank has over a bow front?
An advantage of standard tanks are their cheaper price and greater choice in stands. I have a 16 US gallon All-Glass/Aqueon bow front and I only notice distortion when I view the tank from a severe angle when very close to it.

If I had the money and space I would get a 72 gallon bow front over a 75 gallon standard since I think they look better.

Also, the tank comes with a hood with room for only one fluorescent tube. Is there a hood I can get for this aquarium that holds 2 tubes? The tank is 24x15x21.
I think that tank comes with a hinged glass top that would allow you to add third party lighting. You might want to see what Coralife/Oceanic has to offer.

normal tanks are cheaper to buy and repair if they get damaged.

Most reactions

Back