Bought One, What A Nice Bloke.

HappyGeorge

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So I had a trawl and found this on ebay RO Unit phoned the company as I wanted an inline TDS meter and wanted to pay by credit card.

Spoke to a guy named Phil, genuinely helpful he threw in the bits I need for plumbing it up FOC and I was told to call if I have any problems, he is a fish keeper himself so understands the requirements.

So this unit with all the gubbins and an inline TDS meter for 101 pounds delivered, not at all bad, glad I cancelled the other order at the last minute now.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
great stuff, does he have more than one then? do you still have a link for it on ebay?

Click on the link on my original post that says RO unit and he then has an ebay shop called Affordable Airconditioning has loads of stuff for sale in addition to the stuff listed on there, for example the TDS meters weren't listed.

Click on the link on my original post that says RO unit and he then has an ebay shop called Affordable Airconditioning has loads of stuff for sale in addition to the stuff listed on there, for example the TDS meters weren't listed.

MY BAD lol totally missed that link, thanks.

Thats cool, I should really look into investing in an RO unit. Maybe ill take a look. Let us know what its like when it arrives. Good find!

James

Well it was ordered Monday morning and was here waiting at my neighbours for me when I got in tonight. Nicely packaged everything here and the freebie washing machine tap to 1/4" connector and a spare inline tap.

ROsystem.jpg

Just set it up, works liek a dream, really easy and seems like a quality product, stuff is coming out all the right pipes and nothing is leaking from anywhere else........can't be bad.

how much water is wasted compared to used ? and would you say that amount is average for all RO units ? my mate has been looking for one but to do a realistic waterchange on his tank using the Ro it would take forever. cheers

I have looked at the one in my LFS and read stuff online and it all seems to say it's about 3/4 wasted, would seem to be born out by what I'm seeing here. I have bought a 100 litre slimline water butt which I have stuck outside the window of the utility room so the pipe goes straight into there, its well sealed so will be making a load prior to my tank arriving and then just 50 litres a week which will be easy just a few hours a night.

Most reactions

Back