Both My 10 Gallons

tamara

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Here my cycled tank with an overstocked amount of fish,
but half are going into my other tank..once it's cycled.
[there is a little 1gallon tank with a few pregnant guppies--my innovation, and saved me money on breeder nets]
fishtank004-1.jpg

my second tank, a few weeks old--still not completly satisfied with it,
[btw i won't put anything smaller than my larger rocks in there--to hard to clean, and gravel vacs. are expensive here]
i bought a LARGE leafy thing at the craft store and bought a suction cup, works the exact same as one that i saw in my LFS
and is cheaper =]
fishtank003-1.jpg

lots of suggestions and critism is loved!
[yes i know, i don't know how to spell critism]
under my signature is all the fish i have..maybe a few mroe fry here and there but pretty much the same stats.
:drool:

In the first picture, there is indeed half of a red bowl, i have been wanting to get rid of that for quite some time now...it's ugly and all--but my pleco lives in there, so i can't bear to tear it away from him! so that's out of the question to get rid of it :p hehe

nice looking tanks again im not into the big stones. but i love your little tank inside thats a great idea :)

really like the second one

i like the big rocks actually, good for you for doing something different! :D

Really nicely done! :nod: The innovative breeding trap is neat...:fun:

I really like the second tank a lot! :hyper: It's a different look overall. :kewlpics:

:cool:

I like those two tanks, the big rocks make them look like a tiny snap shot of a rocky river bed, really cool. The tank in a tank idea is great too!

I like the big rocks. That is all I have in my 80 gallon I like the look and so easy to keep clean. I think you need to make the big green plant look like it is growing up, or maybe just one branch up to cover the clump in the suction cup. Otherwise the tanks look great, And the choose of bamboo with the tera cotta looks all asian.

Nice tanks, but the ratio of males to females is way off! it's supposed to be 3 females to every 1 male, you have it reversed in that tank, you have 12 males and 4 females... not a good ratio as your females will more than likely be killed by the males from forced breeding...

Nice tanks, but the ratio of males to females is way off! it's supposed to be 3 females to every 1 male, you have it reversed in that tank, you have 12 males and 4 females... not a good ratio as your females will more than likely be killed by the males from forced breeding...
yes i already know that, that is why i bought another tank one for females and the other for males, aswell that is why i made the innovated tank-in-tank thing for the females, so that they wouldn't be killed while the other tank is being cycled

Couldn't you just clone the tank? So you don't have to wait for it to cycle.

he does have a point, you could get the same, or a filter that takes the same media, and place the sponge into the new filter for cloning purposes... and the innovation tank... GJ, but I hope you'll be splitting up some males because 12 in a 10gallon tank is over stocked too lol sorry to sound so "nit picky" I've got 4 guppies in a 6 gallon tank and I was told it's heavily stocked...

Love the idea about the pen plax tank in the tank for a breeder trap.
I could try that with the fighter fry and preggers guppy.

Most reactions

Back