Bog Wood And Bettas

danny101

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
ive got a nice little 4.5gal tank set up for a mg PK im getting from bettaman...

Image004.jpg

i found a lovely, sculptural piece of bog wood.its been soaking for 24hours.

how do bettas do with bog wood? do they mind the tannins?

ive never had bog wood in a betta tank before.(i know other fish are ok, just dont know about bettas)...

Danny :fish:

p.s..im going to remove some plants and re-do the tank so there's ample room for the bog wood.

they are fine with bogwood, as long as there's nothing to jagged on it for them to catch and tear their fins
my bruce loves to sit on his and survey his surroundings

ive got a nice little 4.5gal tank set up for a mg PK im getting from bettaman...

View attachment 35242

i found a lovely, sculptural piece of bog wood.its been soaking for 24hours.

how do bettas do with bog wood? do they mind the tannins?

ive never had bog wood in a betta tank before.(i know other fish are ok, just dont know about bettas)...

Danny :fish:

p.s..im going to remove some plants and re-do the tank so there's ample room for the bog wood.

i dont know but nice tank anyway :thumbs: are you sure its 4.5 gallons though?? :/

Hagen Small World Pals Pen makes 5 different sizes that all have the same general shape, six if you cou nt the containers they market specifically to bettas. I own a 3.3g tank just like that, and a 2.5 just like that. I thought of getting the big old 4.5's but I prefer the glass ones and use these guys like fancy-dancy buckets. :)

I thought of getting the big old 4.5's but I prefer the glass ones and use these guys like fancy-dancy buckets. :)

Yeah its a big hagen 'bucket'...thanks soritan! :lol:..i like my bucket anyway. i found it on offer at my lfs, im sure the new guy will like it, plenty of room and cover.

your mop must be very happy..and anyway my fish could take your fish anyday :D :lol:

Danny

quick heater question..i have a 50w fluval thermostat heater in a 2.5gal critter keeper, will this be ok? there is'nt a betta in there...yet!...i wont have any fried bettas will i?

Danny

I thought of getting the big old 4.5's but I prefer the glass ones and use these guys like fancy-dancy buckets. :)

Yeah its a big hagen 'bucket'...thanks soritan! :lol:..i like my bucket anyway. i found it on offer at my lfs, im sure the new guy will like it, plenty of room and cover.

your mop must be very happy..and anyway my fish could take your fish anyday :D :lol:

Danny

:lol: No, I use it to age water for my tanks. I figure the vented lid allows the chlorine to escape as it evaporates. I also use them as hospital tanks when the need arises.

My female Uta is so butch, I'm almost proud of her bully tactics. :D She's a wee killa.

I did say this in your picture thread, but thought I'd throw it in here too. I have a 50w heater in a 2.5gal plastic critter keeper thing [very similar to the one in your pic, except mine has a blue lid] and it's doing fine. The thermostat cuts it out when the water is at the right temp. I've had no melting or boiling thus far! Only my personal experience though :nod:

Most reactions

Back