Blue Ramshorn Snails

frothhelmet

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Livestock: Blue Ramshorns. See the photos below for description. You will not be disappointed. Will eat all kinds of algae including the dreaded BBA (Black beard algae) and leftover food. Does not breed out of control like pond/bladder snails. A great addition to any freshwater tank, even with CO2 addition and acid PH. Just a note, juveniles have a leopard pattern and only grow into their full blue coloration as adults. So please be patient with your blues if they do not have their full blue yet.
Quantity for sale: 6 juvenile snails shipped (~6mm shell diameter, will include more extras if I don't have snails this large)
Reason for Sale: so others can enjoy
Delivery or Collection: Both
Sales price: £5
Postage & Packaging: Free
Payment: Paypal only. Please PM to arrange transaction.

cimg6207.jpg

cimg6201.jpg

i will take these along with the moss :good:

Edit: PM payment details and i shall get paid now :)

payment sent for this and moss mate cheers.

could we swap two reds for two blues, or would we end up with mucky lucking snails :unsure:

Ya, I also sell pinks, and they will interbreed with the blues. I dont know what the crosses will look like though as I keep them in totally separate tanks. I would be happy to sell you a few of each for the same price (6 for a fiver) if you wanted. Let me know.

So you have pink snails as well, Ive been after one :good:

Yes I do. Check out my ad for them here, http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/359992-german-bred-pink-ramshorn-snails/page__p__2999622__hl__pink__fromsearch__1#entry2999622

[/quote]
They're giant ramshorns though, not apple snails... ;)
[/quote]

Incorrect. My ramshorns are regular ramshorn snails, growing to max 2cm diameter. Not the "giant" variety, whatever that refers to. Moreover, no one said anything about apple snails. So your statement is both misleading and irrelevant. Cheers.

Yes I do. But they have been selling well so I am afraid I dont have 6 adolescents, if you dont mind me substituting with smaller ones (and providing extras to compensate) I can fill an order.

They're giant ramshorns though, not apple snails... ;)
Incorrect. My ramshorns are regular ramshorn snails, growing to max 2cm diameter. Not the "giant" variety, whatever that refers to. Moreover, no one said anything about apple snails. So your statement is both misleading and irrelevant. Cheers.
Apologies for the misidentification, they look like the giant ones in the picture.
Edited to add: this list is why I said giant. If you scroll down you'll see that the picture you've provided of these blue snails looks much more like the giant ramshorns than standard ramshorns. The sizes also match up with ramshorns being listed as 1cm max, compared to giants that can grow to 2-3 cms.

For the record, the poster has a wanted ad up for pink apple snails, so while the comment may not be relevant to you it is very relevant to her, as your pink ramshorns are not apple snails, which is what she has been looking for. In that context, a mistake about species is, quite frankly, a moot point: the snails you're selling, regardless of what species they are, are not the species she's wanting. Therefore my statement about them not being apple snails (being that that's what she wants) is neither misleading or irrelevant.

[/quote]
I might have some pinks off you, just need to sort this tank out. what temperature range do these guys live in?
[/quote]

15C to at least 34C. in effect all temperatures are fine. they are very hardy and can withstand all community tank parameters. hope that helps.

Most reactions

Back