Blue Planet Aquarium

Duck1976

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has been to it, but paid my first visit to the Blue Planet Aquarium near Elsmere Port yesterday.

The place is top notch. Brilliant if you have kids (although the prices could be considered a bit steep).

They have loads of different tank set up's inc Pacu and Red Tail Catfish in the proper sized tanks. Great Amazon section and a really good Lake Malawi set up. But the kicker has to be the HUUUUUUGGGE tank with all the rays and the sharks in. Tunnel underneath it and a good show with the divers at feeding time. Was also suprised that I knew quite a few of the fish on show!

Gonna take my godson's out to it next month!

(must admit, the fish keeper in me really wanted to see the filtration plant there....).

Did get some pics, but left them at home, will post a couple later.

If you have a free day with nothing to do, then I can recommend this place all month long!! (plus any family members not into fish can go shopping at Cheshire Oaks)

Web site is HERE

Yeah we love the Blue Planet, brilliant isn't it!

Been there a few times, but dont know if i can justify the entrance fee when Chester zoo 2 minutes around the corner is a third of the price.

but have to agree, Blue Planet is great and the reason why i bought a fish tank :)

Wish there was a public aquarium nearer me, I always enjoy sea life centres/zoo's when I get the chance.

Out of interest how much were the Blue Planet charging for entry?

Looking forward to pictures

there's the deep in Hull which isn't too far from Sheffield!

Not as good as the Blue Planet but still a good day out. :good:

Wish there was a public aquarium nearer me, I always enjoy sea life centres/zoo's when I get the chance.

Out of interest how much were the Blue Planet charging for entry?

Looking forward to pictures

prices must have gone down..... £14.50 for adults

http://www.blueplanetaquarium.com/

it IS a good few hours out with lots of fish to see

there's the deep in Hull which isn't too far from Sheffield!

Not as good as the Blue Planet but still a good day out. :good:

Yeah I've been to the Deep a few times, it was good but I kind of expected more. I'm always abit disappointed at the FW selection in public aquariums (understandable as I bet most people come to see 'the sharks').

Finally got some pics up:

Little sand sharky
P1030209.jpg

Feeding time for the rays (this was funny!)
P1030236.jpg

Stone fish (the one that looks like a rock at the front, this thing will kill you).
P1030239.jpg

Will put these and a few more on the pics board

Yeah we love the Blue Planet, brilliant isn't it!

If I had my own kids I'd get a yearly pass!

borrow mine so I can have some peace and quiet , I'm only down the road!!

Been there a few times, but dont know if i can justify the entrance fee when Chester zoo 2 minutes around the corner is a third of the price.

but have to agree, Blue Planet is great and the reason why i bought a fish tank :)

1/3 of the price!!! it was about £16 last year although I agree a better day out

It looks really good and I would love to go there. Unfortunatly I have no way of getting there and there aren't any decent aquariums here in Scotland that I know of. :(

Most reactions

Back