Blood Worm

jbatt

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

Just a quick question...

If I buy some live blood worm, can I store it in a jar for a few weeks and give my fish some from time to time or will the red worm die?

Thanks

James

As far as I know, if kept in a refrigerator they will be ok for around 5 days, some will die but the fish will still eat them.

They certainly won't still be worms after 'weeks' - bloodworm is the larvae of a midge, so those that don't die with turn into bugs!

It's best to buy bloodworm fresh in small amounts, just enough to last a couple of days then buy more as you need it. It doesn't store well at all without a lot of hassle.

The other option of course is buy it frozen and defrost it as you need it. Most fish don't even notice the difference if the tank has a bit of current to make the worms move around.

yeah i feed my fish frozen and it seems to help if you dump them infront of the water retuwn on your filter, atleast for me...that way they all scatter real quick. then i ussually turn my filter off for about 3 mins til all the food is gone

noelberg said:
i'm thinking drain them and freeze them after about 5 days, so you can get your dollar's (or other currency's) worth :)
at 50 pence per portion, is it really worth the effort?

Most reactions

Back