Bloated Zebra Danio

licklebabba

Reaction score
:( Hello all, one of my zebra danios does not look a well little fishy! It seems to have lost a lot of its colour,and its tummy is very bloated,it cant swim very well and when it starts swimming it just sinks!It keps sitting on the gravel or on a rock.Water stats are good and all the other fish are zipping about as normal.Could it be constipated?? Thanks

Does sound like a possiblity... I have the same problem.

What do you feed them and how many times?

De-shelled peas would help with the constipation.

Cheers for that,we feed them flake food in the morning and then a frozen worm cube thing at night.we also give them brine shrimp a couple of times a week.

I've been having the same sort of problem with one fat danio in particular and in a slightly unrelated topic, I got a few helpful replies regarding bloating/ constipation and the effects it can have on the fish.

Check out the link here. hope this helps in some way.

In particular check out Tokis-Phoenix's reply at Nov 6 2007, 06:41 PM

:sad: cheers for that link angel queen,but the lil fishy died yesterday,it looked like it had an ulcer on its bum when we got it out of the tank.thanks anyway,good luck with your fish.

:sad: cheers for that link angel queen,but the lil fishy died yesterday,it looked like it had an ulcer on its bum when we got it out of the tank.thanks anyway,good luck with your fish.

If your fish was red around the anus, it could be they had worms. You might want to check the other fish for signs. They'd include bloating, being unusually thin, white stringy poo, spitting out food before eating it, bends in the spine and red around the anus. You may also see red worms sticking out, but I found with danios that only happened after lights out when they slowed down.

Most reactions

Back