Blackmoor queery

Mr christopher

Reaction score
Hi all,,,,,, I have a blackmoor in my goldfish tank ,,,, been in there a good year or so ,, but I've noticed he seems to sit on the bottom a lot ,,,,
He just dosent seem to float,,,,, flaps around to get to the top but as soon as he stops he sinks ,,, never upside down or anything like that ,,,, is this a swim bladder issue or just a special fish,?

Hello Mr. The round bodied Goldfish aren't the hardiest of the different species. The round body isn't designed to allow room for all the internal organs. It's just one of the disadvantages of keeping them. The Goldfish with the more streamlined body are much healthier long term. When I kept them some time ago, I kept them in at least 55 gallons of water and kept the food to a minimum, so they wouldn't get too large and the tank got large, weekly water changes. I also fed a high fiber diet, that included Spirulina. These are beautiful fish, but not built for longevity. Good luck, I hope you have more luck than I did. Sorry for the lack of sunshine in my post, but the original breeders didn't do this fish any favors.

Last edited:
Test the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. Post the results in numbers here.

Post a video of the fish. Upload videos to YouTube, then copy & paste the link here.
If you use a mobile phone to film the fish, hold the phone horizontally (landscape mode) so the footage fills the entire screen and doesn't have black bars on either end.

How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
Do you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the tank?

What sort of filter is on the tank?
how often and how do you clean the filter?

What do you feed the fish and how often do you feed it?

What is the water temperature?

Most reactions

Back