Black Ruby Barbs

ss53

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have 10 tiger barbs (green and original) and am hoping to get another 5 barbs. I thought I wanted Rosey barbs, however I am looking to keep some consistency in the shape of fish (the plump diamond shape tigers will become).

I see black ruby barbs are of a similar shape - anyone with experience with them got any advice on how they are to own? I have read they require very specific pH range.
Also, am I right in thinking that the males are more colourful than the females? Could I have just males or would they fight?

Thanks.. :)

Well I only got mine a week ago but i really do love my guys. They're not very nippy (In with my betta at the moment) and they really fill the tank they're all over the place but they're still shoaling and swim in formation :) I'm not too sure if males are brighter than females (mine are still juvenile) but there are two that have the red while the others don't- could just be they colour up at differant times.

I think that if you only had males, while they may not fight i doubt they would colour up quite so well- the entire point of the colouring is to impress the girls after all ;p

I'm not sure about how they would mix with the tigers- i know that tigers are extreamily nippy so I don't know how they would cope- I'd wait for someoen else to comment on that bit.

But one question- how big is your tank? they won't look all too impressive if they don't have enough room to swim about

Most reactions

Back