Black Moor Sick. Pic Included Need Help Diagnosing.

Bri

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi my black moor that i have in my heated tank has some growth/protruding abnormality on his dorsal fins. Its on his back fins. i have included a photo to try and help decide what it is. all other fish in the tank are fine and my water tests are coming up normal for my tank. I am treating the tank with a three day strong overall treatment to try and sort it but i dont know what exactly it is. Any help and advice would be great?

ok i cant include the picture as it is too big. ill try and upload it a little later. ill describe it as best i can. its like his insides are growing out and there are small black spots on it. photo will be uploaded shortly. thanks

Hi my black moor that i have in my heated tank has some growth/protruding abnormality on his dorsal fins. Its on his back fins. i have included a photo to try and help decide what it is. all other fish in the tank are fine and my water tests are coming up normal for my tank. I am treating the tank with a three day strong overall treatment to try and sort it but i dont know what exactly it is. Any help and advice would be great?

ok i cant include the picture as it is too big. ill try and upload it a little later. ill describe it as best i can. its like his insides are growing out and there are small black spots on it. photo will be uploaded shortly. thanks

paint.net can resize and reduce quality, as can google picassa if that helps

this is the photo from the side. the lump is bigger behind between his fins. i have used a general treatment for three days that my lfs recommended and am now using primafix to see if that helps reduce it. fish still seems fin and is eating and otherwise normal. grr this eludes me as to what exactly it is. :( :angry:

Attachments

• DSC_0188.jpg
    DSC_0188.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 65
Here is a you tube video of the goldfish in question. You can see on his back left side under his fin, the growth in question. He has also recently developed three white spots on the front of his head? if anyone has any ideas please let me know. This is my absolute favorite fish and has been with me from the very start of my fishkeeping hobby. All help and advice welcome. :)

Link to my video..
http://youtu.be/5WkQQZaNlZM

ok so although i was unable to identify what was exactly wrong with my black moor i have done my best to help him in the last two weeks. I thought id post my experience up here incase anyone else is in the same position. One word describes what i did, DUCKWEED! I had heard that it can be very helpfull for fancy goldfish off this guy on dustin's fish tank tv . So i bought a good bit and put all of it and the black moor in a somewhat large fry net i have, small for him but my other fish were starting to nip at him.
Its some sort of miracle, the white spots on his head have gone in two days, he still has the growth but that never seems to be really hurting him much. He is back eating and i have him in the tank for most of the day with breaks in the fry net at night. I am still watching him carefully but i must say i am amazed. I stopped treating the tank with anything as i didnt know what i was dealing with and somehow the extra frogbit and duckweed have drawn out the infection in his head (this is my speculation but it looked like thats what happened). I will post more if anything changes. i am very happy as this is my star fish, they can be as expensive as you like but IMO the moors are just top of the fishes. :good: Keep fingers crossed for me. x

Most reactions

Back