Black Mollies Oddly Shaped

licklebabba

Reaction score
Hiya all, one of my black mollies ahs gone a funny shape, her tail end seems to have dropped and she doesnt look like she using it, looks like a boomerang!! any ideas??? thanks x :sad:

How much light do you give the fish and how many times have you bred fish?

Is she also bloated?
Had it happen with livebeares they don't make it once the tail drops and weighs them down in the water.

Is she also bloated?
Had it happen with livebeares they don't make it once the tail drops and weighs them down in the water.

Hi Wilder, she doesnt seem bloated, i am guessing it it the molly that has given birth, but seeing as we have 2 females, we have no idea really, dont know if she has bred before, its the first time though since we have had them and thats only been for 3-4 weeks.She looks so sad bless her,thanks for your replies, the light is on in tank for a good 10hours per day. :sad:

Swin bladder the tails looks like it's wieghing them down when they swim.

No it can be fatal.
Not much hope once the tail droops to be honest.
If you can issolate the sick fish bacterial med.

Aww poor molly :sad: thanks for your help wilder,we will have to put her separate, thanks again, will do that

Not good news I know.
Good luck bless her.

A few of our Platy fry are a little twisted. I am not quite sure how that happened but they seem to be doing okay.
If you look at it from above it almost appears as an "S" shape. Very strange. But they are about 4 months old now..

Bent spines were they born that way.

Most reactions

Back