Black Ballon Mollies White Spots Fungus ?

eddyedwards

Reaction score
last week both my mollies had white spots im prety sure it wasnt ich, instead fungus as i could see the white spots were poking out of the surface of the fish and it was on tail and the body. but then i couple a days later the white spots had gone, but now again today the white spots are back what should i do treat the 2 mollies or leave them to see how they do, if i have to treat them what should i use ? also ive checked the water and its all okay :)
Thanks for any help

That does sound like ich.

The ich parasite lives in cysts in the fish, which creates the raised, white spots, then the cysts burst and the little worms go down into the gravel. eventually the worms reinfest the fish, which is why the whitespots disappear and then reappear.

You should defintely treat your mollies, as ich will kill them in time. I used eSHa EXIt when my fish had ich last time, and it worked very well, but other meds will work too. As mollies are very tolerant of salt, you could try using salt as a treatment, but I've never done that, so wouldn't like to advise you on the best method.

That does sound like ich.

The ich parasite lives in cysts in the fish, which creates the raised, white spots, then the cysts burst and the little worms go down into the gravel. eventually the worms reinfest the fish, which is why the whitespots disappear and then reappear.

You should defintely treat your mollies, as ich will kill them in time. I used eSHa EXIt when my fish had ich last time, and it worked very well, but other meds will work too. As mollies are very tolerant of salt, you could try using salt as a treatment, but I've never done that, so wouldn't like to advise you on the best method.

Thanks for that i went out yesterday and brought interpet anti-white spot plus and i treated the water and i have to repeat in 4 days sunday, now i normally do a water change every friday should i leave it this week ?

I'd do your water change just before you add the second dose :good:

Most reactions

Back