Bit Of A Gravel Dilema

Mako Man111

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok, in a few weeks from now i'll be swithcing my artificially planted 20 gallon high tank to a low tech planted tank. My problem is, my gravel may be a bit too large but i'm not sure. The thread below has pics of it. Now I really like the white color of my gravel that I have now, and if I were to switch to smaller gravel then I would also have to recolonize the bacteria in it. What would you do? Also do you think the white color will look good planted with some crypts, anubias, and java fern. I will have some slate in there as well as a peace of wood.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=148064&hl=

Ok, in a few weeks from now i'll be swithcing my artificially planted 20 gallon high tank to a low tech planted tank. My problem is, my gravel may be a bit too large but i'm not sure. The thread below has pics of it. Now I really like the white color of my gravel that I have now, and if I were to switch to smaller gravel then I would also have to recolonize the bacteria in it. What would you do? Also do you think the white color will look good planted with some crypts, anubias, and java fern. I will have some slate in there as well as a peace of wood.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=148064&hl=

Any opinions? I'm leaving for vacation in a few hours. :)

id say yes about re-colanising bacteria, could you use any of the old substrate underneath to speen the process up

also where did you get the large ornemental ruins :drool:

id say yes about re-colanising bacteria, could you use any of the old substrate underneath to speen the process up

also where did you get the large ornemental ruins :drool:

Petsmart :fun:

But what about the gravel, should I switch it out or leave it? I know the bacteria would have to recolonize in it :)

damn so you live in the states

heres a plan, large fishing net put a couple handfull's of the old gravel in this switch to new gravel but leave the net in the tank for a week or 2 then you can easily reove it along with the old gravel

Most reactions

Back