Biocube?

Glennimation

Reaction score
OK guys, I'm pretty experienced with freshwater fish. I'd like to move on to a saltwater setup.

I'm considering buying a biocube, either 14 or 29. Anyone have any advice or comments on them?

I'm also not sure what to put in it. Ideas?

I was worried for a moment that the number bit refured to the volume :rolleyes: Thank goodness it doesn't :lol:

The tank looks reasonable. The Wet and dry filter I'd take the media out of and add live rock rubble and phosban. You will likely need more flow and an extra powehead for the turn-over required and the lighting limits you to soft corals :nod: Otherwise, the set-up is fine :hyper: The biological filtering is best done IMO with Live Rock. For a tank of that size, you are looking at about 10+kg worth realy, the more the better :good:

All the best
Rabbut

OK. That makes sense. Is it possible to upgrade the lighting in biocubes?

I could still use suggestions as to what kind of creatures should go inside.

Any ideas?

=D

OK. That makes sense. Is it possible to upgrade the lighting in biocubes?

I could still use suggestions as to what kind of creatures should go inside.

Any ideas?

=D

i had a 29 gallon biocube for like 4 months before i upgraded they are pretty nice and work pretty well. if i were you for the lighting i would get one of the little halides for it. i say put 2 clowns a cleaner shrimp and something tiny like a twin spot...maybe a stone fish :lol:

Most reactions

Back