Bigger Aquarium For Betta

Oscar2012

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a male betta on his own in a heavily planted 25litre aquarium, he seems very happy and no concerns about him but I have seen a 40 litre aquarium which I wanted to buy for him, what I wanted to know is would that 15 litres make a big difference to him for space or would you leave him in his 25 litre, also would it upset him or stress him out if I moved him to another aquarium, just asking some advice as to what you would do if he was yours, I just think the more space the better for him, thanks

He should be fine. 

Every Betta is different, some get stressed when they have bigger tanks and some love bigger tanks. 
Be prepared to move him back if anything goes wrong though.

You would be surprised at the amount of difference 15 litres can do. Often Bettas are more active in bigger tanks and (in general) happier.

Keep us updated and make sure to share pics of his future tank once its set up and running. :)

Oh thank you, He explores every part of his aquarium so am hoping he will be happy and do the same if I buy the bigger one, I would like to go even bigger for him but already have 2 big aquariums and unable to put him in with them, I have thought of that option but the fish i have are not compatable and I have limited space for another aquarium but I think 40 litres would be plenty big enough for him on his own

Most reactions

Back