Big Fish!

swayzee_au

Reaction score
G-day

I was wondering if it was possible, if people could send pictures of Big Fish they have in there tanks,
the fish where people cant keep plants because they eat them.

Fish bigger than like Oscars and that. although they are big

Are bigger fish easier to keep

if there is already a topic about Big Fish with pics let me know im interested in Bigger Fish

Cheers.

if you want pics this is probly the spot but u may find some bigger fish in the predetory section. sorry i have no bigger fish then 6 or 7 inches lol so i cant really help u

There are a few members that keep some nice large preds. No doubt.. the largest collection belongs to CFC. So PM him and im sure he can give you some ideas of monster fish. Also cane and mark have some nice large preds as well. They both have numbers after their name but i dont remember right now. Im sure they'll find this topic and share some of their fish with you.

Ox :good:

I keep large preds. I have pictures here

I should probably update some of those pics...because after taking that pic of the whole tank I realized the background was warped from all the water they splash out and I fixed it. Also - note that this is not the final tank for these dudes. I've been stepping up tank sizes with them as they grow. The largest one (my TSN) is about 24" long right now.

Awesome fish Racerchic478 ive had a quick look.
ill definetly check out the preds section, i havent looked in there yet

would maintenance be a big issue? like do i have to do massive water changes per week

of course, bigger fishes require everything bigger. be it tanks, filters, food even. if say you do 25% water changes of a big tank, i guess that would count as massive water changes compared to 25% of a 29g. you might even want to consider a protein skimmer judging from the foods you offer

I miss my clown knife :( lol had to give him up cause he was getting to big (was 11inches when I sold him) def worth buying a clown knife, they look mean but really there big softys lol my one even let me stroke him lol.

My clown knife looks mean from the side, but if you look at him head-on, he's kind of dopey looking, lol.

Tanks, water changes, chemicals and especially food are more expensive than keeping smaller fish. I will say, however, that I've spent far less on my large predator tank than any of my saltwater tanks. I would venture to say that if you are committed enough to successfully keep a saltwater tank, you can probably handle a few large freshwater preds. But that's just my opinion from my own personal experience.

CentricOregon

I miss my clown knife sad.gif lol had to give him up cause he was getting to big (was 11inches when I sold him) def worth buying a clown knife, they look mean but really there big softys lol my one even let me stroke him lol.

HAHA that was funny lol, he must of liked you, because he let you storke him.

hmm clown knifes sound interesting, im going to look them up
i wouldnt have to keep plants there for i wouldnt need to trim them and so on
but the biggest thing looks to be that water changes will be massive, even a protein skimmer lol

oh can people post some pics of there clown knife :D :D :D

Clown Knifes are my favourite pred as well. I've probably got a year or so of growth in my current tank before I need to upgrade for him. Hes about 13 inches at the moment.

heres an old one of my clown knife. from Jan I think

DSCF1503.jpg

Image056.jpg

DSCF0886.jpg

just amazing simonas,

those black circles. do they mean anything as in male female its like they have tatoos lol

just amazing simonas,

those black circles. do they mean anything as in male female its like they have tatoos lol

they are my favourite big fish and I'm planning to house him for life. a new tank will be needed in about 12 months I think

the spots are a regionall thing I understand. His are lovely and it was one of the reasons I picked him as some have unattractive markings

Most reactions

Back