Big Catfish Had To Go Back To Lfs!

maryjason

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well got the catfish home.......but it wasnt a success at all the Arowana wasnt having any ov it! All was fine for a few minutes but everytimes the catfish went to move the Arowana just kept going for him and attacking him. I couldn't give them time to settle down, it was just so bad seeing this happen so out came the catfish and back into the transport box straight back to the aquatics we bought him from. I have posted 2 pics i took when he arrived here pretty upset it didnt work out but its not fair on both fish to get stressed up like that....Mary :/

PA280025.jpg

PA280024.jpg

Sorry it didnt work out but what a gorgeous fish he is. What kind is it?

Hi black angel...yes he sure was a nice fish..he was either "A Perruno catfish" or a "longibarbis" theres been alot ov debate as to its identity so I am just leaving it to the individual to deceide lol
Sorry it didnt work out but what a gorgeous fish he is. What kind is it?

Well maybe sometime in the future i'll have a tank soley for catfish :p who knows hahaha I don't want treatment for MTS ! I love suffering with it :)
He is a stunner, its a shame the arowana wasnt having any of it.

Thats definately a cool looking catfish. Sorry it didnt work out.

I have 4 Dianema longibarbis (Porthole Catfish) that dont get near that big that I really like. They are very peaceful and get along great with my cories.

you got any pics ??? be interested to see ...mary :)

I have 4 Dianema longibarbis (Porthole Catfish) that dont get near that big that I really like. They are very peaceful and get along great with my cories.

you got any pics ??? be interested to see ...mary :)

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/calli...anema/280_f.php

These fish dont really get big like most other catfish. They are more like a cory cat. They get up to 4", but seem to be slow growers. Ive had mine for about 3 months now and they have grown some, but not much. Keep in mind, they are very timid and like to sit on plants, rocks, ornaments, basically anything they can sit and rest on. They also like to hide from the light at times. I had them in a 30 gallon and moved them to a 55 and they seem ten times happier and are out and about a lot more. I had them in a tank with danios and yoyo loaches and I think they were bothered by them. I never use to see them. Once I moved them in with just cories, they school with them and are constantly swimming the tank. They are very similiar to cories and they are very peaceful. I really like them and they are hard to find around here.

Most reactions

Back