bichirs

tdnp

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have two senagalus polys and have been given some different advice on feeding them they are about 8inch long one of them is slightly darker and smaller I was told to feed them on loads of different things at first when thay where babies and every day and then feed them on lance fish only once a week once they had grown to adult size but when I don't feed them for more two days they become subdued not moving much and not coming to the glass to see me which they do alot when the have been fed

I feed mine every 2-3 days but if they start to look a bit fat I won't feed them, the risk with that is that my endlechi goes of and helps himself to his tankmates.
Mine are feed on prawns,beefheart,lance fish and salmon which they love.

Hope this helps

David :fish:

I feed my bichirs once or twice a week and all 3 are healthy and fat, as bichirs mature they naturally become less active and more nocturnal than when young. Mine get fed on a mixture of musels lancefish and cockles though it is the fish they have a prefference for, they occasionally catch live river shrimp that i feed to the other fish too.

lance fish are small whole frozen fish used to feed predators (i believe they are called silver sides in the US), they are found in packs in the freezers of most LFS.

We have 3 Bichirs of differing sizes. We feed them a little brine shrimp daily (there are also some bumble bee gobies in there that eat the brine shrimp) and about every other day we feed them guppies and minnows for the smaller bichirs and small goldfish for the larger one. They all seem to have a good appetite and enjoy chasing and eating the small fish we give them.

I used to feed mine on pieces of trout about 2 times a week.

P.S I come from warrington too. :) small world.

Most reactions

Back