Bichir Just Ate A Tadpole!

modelrr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a small (2-3") bichir that just ate a tadpole!! :hey: the tadpole was at the bottom of the tank minding his own business, when the bichir came and grabbed him.

Is this ok?
thanks

should be fine.u definitly dont need to worry about jim choking as a tad is soft and squishy

why was there a tadpole in your tank?

Yer ive ate one! tasted like marmite :lol: ONLY JOKIN!!!

But i have fed them to my birchir when i had one.

I don't think that there would be a problem.

I live in the middle od the countryside almost and there is a pond that is loaded with tadpoles. I never realised that the fish would like them.

why was there a tadpole in your tank?

I knew that would come up :p . I was just curious as to what would happen if I put him in. :)

so it didnt eat a tadpole? :/

As long as the tadpole is small enough for the bichir to handle easily i don't see a problem.

I've fed bichirs tadpoles before, its common practice to feed bullfrog tadpoles to fish in Asia.

so I can feed more tadpoles to my bichir?? there are hundreds of them in my pond

Aww poor tady...... -_- marmite eh.......... Get the wellies love were going taddy hunting!

I think apart from the fact that you may introduce disease into your tank, whats the point? I have 2 marbled bichirs and there only too happy with bloodworm, washed garden worms, cockles, mussels, etc, they will even reduce your fish population when they get bigger.

I think apart from the fact that you may introduce disease into your tank, whats the point? I have 2 marbled bichirs and there only too happy with bloodworm, washed garden worms, cockles, mussels, etc, they will even reduce your fish population when they get bigger.
Good point

Most reactions

Back