Betta??

TheShocker

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, so I have 4 Zebra Danios, 1 Blood Parrot and I'll be adding 3 Cory Cats in the future. Would a Betta be an acceptable addition to my tank and if so, what would be best, a male or a female?

Thanks!

-Seth

IMO your blood parrot is going to get too big for your tank and also will produce too much waste. If you really really want a betta then i would suggest getting another tank.

Can't ever have too many tanks! :D

Another option would be to bring my Blood Parrot to work (city park) as I manage a tank there for the child-activity program we have during the day. That tank has several platies ranging in size, and they're good hiders so I'm sure they'll be fine. Then I could put the Betta in my home tank (plenty of hiding spots) along with the 3 Cory Cats... What do you think?

I also have a small 4 or 5 gallon tank he could go in, but I'd really like to keep using that as my hospital tank...

I have a male Betta in with my corys and have had no problems,it makes quite an active tank its great to watch. :D

I heard that Corys would go well with a Betta... Do you think the Betta will have issues with my Parrot (oranage and black) due to it's colors and fins? If it is, I could always put the Betta in his own 5 gallon tank.

Yeah i have to say that a blood parrot in a 20 g isn't good in the long run. Never heard of anybody keeping a betta with a BP, so I don't know if one would be aggressive toward the other. The best idea is to have a backup bowl or something for the betta if they don't get along. The betta should be ok with everybody else; especially if the danios aren't long-finned.

Most reactions

Back