Betta Sleeps all day

JakeKPO

Reaction score
Hello all! my fellow keepers I have a question. So I have my tank light turn on at 8:30 am and turn off at 10:00 pm Becuase I like to look at my tank and my babies in it. But my betta seams to lay on her leaf all day and when I turn the light off to see if she dose anything she starts to swim around and be more active is there anything I can do?

A friend of mine had a similar problem, he started using a desk lamp with a dim, antique style bulb in it. Seemed as if his aquarium light was just too bright for the fish. There's plenty of reasons why you're Betta could be inactive though, from water conditions, temperature, age, tank mates and so on. It's sort of an elimination game going forward

A friend of mine had a similar problem, he started using a desk lamp with a dim, antique style bulb in it. Seemed as if his aquarium light was just too bright for the fish. There's plenty of reasons why you're Betta could be inactive though, from water conditions, temperature, age, tank mates and so on. It's sort of an elimination game going forward
I have a lamp next to the tank I’ll try that

Make sure to check your water conditions though and compatibility of tank mates. Sometimes it's all down to the temperament of your betta also. Theres plenty of extremely knowledgable contributors on this forum that will steer you in the right direction though

Most reactions

Back