Betta Not To Good?

englishbettas

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi,
i have a male betta in with a female as i am trying to breed them. i have already had a good healthy lot of fry with a different couple but the new male i got doesnt really do much. he just seems to stay at the bottom looking all sad and bored and takes no interest whatsoever in the female. i am doin exactly what i did with the other couple but i am just not sure. he is making no attempt to make a nest and when i put the female in a chimney in the tank wit him she jumped out and she kept getting out. they seem overall very healthy but i was just wondering if there was anything i could do to make them more active in breeding??
any answers would be grateful
thanks
englishbettas

If you only just got him then he most likely hasn't settled in yet.

I'd suggest you learn how to raise the 5 day old fry you already have before you try breeding some more :good:

ditto - I agree with ellena

raise one batch to healthy adults, find out how you are going to home them all...THEN work on another batch - - you don't want to overwhelm yourself with hundreds and hundreds of young adults with no way of homing them

ditto - I agree with ellena

raise one batch to healthy adults, find out how you are going to home them all...THEN work on another batch - - you don't want to overwhelm yourself with hundreds and hundreds of young adults with no way of homing them
i already know where i am going to put the other batch, a fish store has offered to take them in for exchange for food which i am happy with. also the male is settled in now and i have got two paires breeding at the moment and have tanks ready and waiting for when they are done. i do have another question though- i have got my males and females together and both of them have made suprisingly big bubble nests and the females have got the white spot underneath them and the dark vertical breeding stripes but none of them are actually spawning?
have anyone got any advice on this?
thanks,
englishbettas

Most reactions

Back