Betta Noes No Fear

tom130691

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i can opent the top of the tank and stick my hand it to remove something(usual veg for the plec)
and the betta wont move and doesnt react to my presence were as my other fish run off
i can also pretty much touch him with my finger and he doesnt react or flee :blink:
i was expecting him to run or flare tbh
normal behaviour ??
only seem him run away once when he was low in the tank and a rainbow flew up behind him and spooked him

i can opent the top of the tank and stick my hand it to remove something(usual veg for the plec)
and the betta wont move and doesnt react to my presence were as my other fish run off
i can also pretty much touch him with my finger and he doesnt react or flee :blink:
i was expecting him to run or flare tbh
normal behaviour ??
only seem him run away once when he was low in the tank and a rainbow flew up behind him and spooked him

haha a few of mine do this, even some of my wild betta have started doing this too, wait untill your guy starts jumping out the water at your hand for a playfull nip. i still cant help but jump everytime :lol:

that would be weird lol
is there anyway to make him flare with out having another betta?

that would be weird lol
is there anyway to make him flare with out having another betta?
put a mirror upto the glass on the tank for few mins and watch him go nuts at him self, not a good idea to do it for long though. :good:

I've trained my betta to follow my finger to get his food, and now he follows my hand in the tank and bites it whenever he gets near enough :S

I have trained some of my guys to jump for food. My sister had taken the glass off and was dong something and then sat her hand on the side with her fingers over the top. One jumps my little guy. You should of seen her face, it was so funny. She ran out to mum saying that my betta tried to eat her finger. :fun: :lol:

My female betta just loves to swim around my arm, esp if I'm replanting and she will let me stroke her on occasions. Also when I'm putting in water after a change she loves to swim through the current caused. Defo no fear with that one.

That's neat, the stories about your Bettas! I hope mine with do the same, all in time; we just got him not too long ago.

-FHM

I've trained my betta to follow my finger to get his food, and now he follows my hand in the tank and bites it whenever he gets near enough :S
Same. I have five bettas and they all follow my fingers. Once I rearranged one of my girl's tanks and she swam around bitting me the entire time. I kept feeling little pinches on my arm.

My guppies also have no fear. When I moved plants around in their tank, I kept feeling them bump into my hand.

Most reactions

Back