Betta HELP

baseballfan111

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my betta has been rubbing himself on anything, and he has like greyish stuff under his head and his head is black or dark purple, also i thought he was dead but he layes on the ground like hes dead but i put some food in and tapped the glass and he poped up and went after the food what is this? ill give you the water test results soon.

it is ick, u can buy some stuff to put in the water at your lfs.

Do you think you could get a pic i really can't understand what your saying...thnx if thats possible ;)

If you think it might be a fungal infection, let me urge you to treat it quickly. I had a betta die in quite an uncomfortable state due to a fungal infection. It wasn't a nice thing to see. :no:

Possibly a fungus infection or skin slime disease caused by protozoan parasites. Better raise the temperature to 83F, n start salt treatment (1 tablespoon per 18.9L) with the whole tank.

Is the gills swollen too? Fins clamped together?

Edit: I've looked into a few sites n the possible treatment most suitable is malachite green. But that's just my suggestion. U'll want to look into what this medicine treats b4 buying it. Good luck! :)

Most reactions

Back