Betta Cuts

johnfras

Reaction score
well today my betta who i have had for quite a long time got scooped out of the water by my cat then she shattered a glass and i noticed it the betta had jumped into the glass i dont know how long he was out of water but he has a small puncture on his stomach any recommendation for treatment all help appreciated i dont (have a camera so dont ask for pics)

Keep the water as clean as possible by doing frequent water changes, add more stress coat or water conditioner than usual. You could dose meds of some sort; some anti-bacterial, infection prevention, open wound treatment. Your Betta is at a high risk of getting an infection which can turn deadly.

Also if you have Melafix...this is good for any open wounds :good: Good luck.

I heard aquarium salt helps heal stuff. Oh this might go better in Fish Emergencies.
Nope, though lots of people think it does.

Melafix works brilliantly as an antibacterial, but I don't think your supposed to dose it full strength with bettas (don't actually know why), as they sell a special pre-diluted version of it called bettafix. It's better value to just buy melafix and use a smaller dosage though :).

good info already given. forget the aquarium salt.

don't heat the water more than usual (only encourages fungal growth). add bettafix or melafix depending on tank size (melafix is very concentrated and better for larger tanks). keep the water clean and COVER THAT TANK FROM THE CAT!!!!! I've had a betta take a dive to the floor for at least an hour and they should recover just fine given you provide the proper care.

Best of luck. sorry that happened to your poor betta.

Most reactions

Back