Betta Breeding Idea

JoKeR

Pocket Full Of Fish
Reaction score
Well when I was putting my female in the floating deli cup the male was hanging on the bottom of the tank..So he dindt notice here that much. So I though I need to find something thats hhign enough for the tank so they cant get in our out and something clear..Then it HIT me a 2litter Soda Bottle. :hyper: I could use that as a hurricane lantern..AND I DID...It work great the female as protected its cheap and very handy when breeding bettas...So stop using ur delicups or cups to introduce the female get ur 2 litter bottle and just DO IT.... :thumbs:

Materials
1. Empty 2 Litter Bottle of Soda
2. Scissors
3. Sharp Knife

Instructions

First get ur bottle of soda and cut the top off...What I do is leave the label and cut the top part of the label its easier that way. How are u going to cut? Well this is were the sharp knive comes into play. Cut it with the knife just a little so the scissors could fit. ( the scissors make it easier ) And cut it..Make sure to do nice cuts..u dont want ur female to escape. Then do the same thing to the bottom exept on the bottom cut less.....Only cut those little bumps in the bottom of the bottle....Then get hot water and clean the inside repeat more than 5 times..To get all that soda out.. Then make sure it fits in ur tank. By fix I mean dont let the water get to the top... :)

Those are the instruction hope someone else outthere does this...Or has tried it.. :flex:

I get it, and I think I'll be doing it at some point.

Take a 2L bottle. Use an exacto knife or scissors. Chop off the top so that there's no more cone shape. Chop off the bottom so there's no more bumps. Voila! Hollow clear plastic tube that you can use to separate the female from the male as opposed to tracking down a hurricane glass.

Most reactions

Back