Betta And Pleco

Himmel

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My betta will swim up to the pleco and bite him so teh pleco chases the betta around the tank.

I have watched and the Pleco will kinda bury himself in the gravel and jump at the betta when he swims by
what should I do?/ Noone is getting hurt it looks like it may be a game??????

FYI all I paid about 75 for the pleco he is not a common pleco I for get what he is I would have to look tru paper work but he IS NOT a common pleco

the pleco cant do much, maybe give the betta a really big hicky. and plecos are built like tanks, your betta cant hurt him.

Plecostomus will need 200+ gallons. Are you prepared to get one? If not I suggest taking the plecostmus back because it will live a shorter stunted life. They betta and the pleco sound territorial to me.

catsmakemebark

are you just arguementative or what wow

I have a 10 gall right Now we are getting a 75 gall and a 55 gall

The Pleco is still fairly small and I have kept them in 40 gal tanks before so

They have stopped there game although the betta goes and bites teh Pleco sometiems hmmmm lol oh well noone is hurt so I am happy

catsmakemebark

are you just arguementative or what wow

I have a 10 gall right Now we are getting a 75 gall and a 55 gall

The Pleco is still fairly small and I have kept them in 40 gal tanks before so

They have stopped there game although the betta goes and bites teh Pleco sometiems hmmmm lol oh well noone is hurt so I am happy

Well what are you waiting for?

The pleco to suck the betta to death before you stop posting? :(

Silly person :nod:

Listen to good advice and rehome them seperately!!

Plecostomus will need 200+ gallons. Are you prepared to get one? If not I suggest taking the plecostmus back because it will live a shorter stunted life. They betta and the pleco sound territorial to me.

well, a pleco that grows to 18"+ would need a 200+g tank, but a pleco that grows to 3" only needs to go in a 15g.

it really depends on the species of plec.

Common pleco need 200+. The person in question I think has a common pleco. Yes, I know some do not need 200+ but most people do not want to buy a 30 dollar pleco.

I am not arguing because I have no one to argue against.

IT IS NOT A COMMON PLECO it will grow to 5 inches MAX

the Betta and the pleco are ignoring eachother now so theres no problem...... What happened I think is the pleco disturbed the bubble nest and the betta got mad ...... cause he doesnt like me right now either I did a water change 50% and destroyed the nest so now he flares at me when I come tooo close

Hmm. Then what kind is it.

I bet it was the bubble nest incident. My betta dislikes my pearl gorami for messing up all of his bubble nests.

I dont remeber the species of Pleco it is nor do I care really all I knw is he was expensive 75 dollars expensive, BUT THIS IS THE BETTA FORUM so it doesnt matter now does it

Catsmakemebark
dont ****ing assume things it makes you look stupid
I dont house my fish inappropraitely MY Bettas all have at least 5 gallons to them selves and the water stats are all perfect (dont know how I did that but we just tested water last night)

My Pleco is happy healthy ect as are all Bettas but one but thats a new topic

Catsmakemebark

DO NOT JUDGE PEOPLE BEFORE YOU KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES AND STATS

PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE ME SOOOOO MAD, YOU ASSUME THAT EVERYONE BUT YOU IS HOUSING THIER FISH WRONG

Most reactions

Back