Betta And Guppies?

Timelordess

Reaction score
Just a quick one. I've had my beautiful burgandy red male betta in with a tank of 4 male guppies and 9 female guppies for about 4 months now, without any problems. I went into hospital on Monday and when I came home on Wednesday I noticed he looks a bit nipped. Why would this have happened? My partner was looking after them in the same way as I do. I've always kept a very close eye on them and they've never nipped him before. I'm just slightly confused.

Thanks
xxx :blush:

Just added a photo

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q254/ti.../newpics024.jpg

Bettas and guppies arent the best combination all round, is there anything else in the tank? My guppies nip each other so they are more than capable

Bettas and guppies arent the best combination all round, is there anything else in the tank? My guppies nip each other so they are more than capable

Nope, nothing else at all in there. It just took me by surprise coz there hasn't been any nipping until now.

Hmm.. well moods change I guess huh.
From what I've read, bettas also get more aggressive as they age (might just be females though? I can't remember).. so might want to just go ahead and split them up now just to be on the safe side.

Most reactions

Back