Beta Tank?

As a rough guide what's the right sort or litre capacity I should be looking at? Maybe keeping some tank mates like a group of neon tetras

Cheers,

Jim

Jim the aquarium you looked at is very small and also it appears there is no lid to it?  Bettas are jumpers and I would hate you to loose your fish this way, so always make sure there is a lid.

35L = 7 UK gallons, so the aquarium rolo0151 has is a better choice.  Most people recommend a minimum of 5 gals for a Betta. 
You also want a tank with little flow as Bettas are not strong swimmers, so do your research and check via videos etc the flow of the tank.

Where are you located?

My husband and I own two male bettas..one veiltail and the other a crowntail. I have my betta in a 28 liter tank while he has his in a 40 liter tank. Nether one of us have a top to it because they are not jumpers. Tops are good..but not really necessary as we know a someone here where we live who breeds and sells them worldwide. He doesnt keep tops on his bettas.
Our current tank mates are

My betta Meep with 1 assasin snail and 3 amano shrimp.

crowntail betta is housed with 6 harlequin rasboras and 2 zebra snails.

I agree with above posters tho that a 7 liter is too small for a betta..you could however consider a few cherry shrimp?

I felt I would recommend a lid as you never know.  I had a girl in quarantine last week and she jumped out when I removed the lid for servicing the aquarium, she flapped around on the side for awhile before I could catch her to put her back in.  I would just have hated to have lost her if there was not a lid on the tank, so I cover them just to be sure.  I have read that Bettas jump over barriers etc., so I would tend to always cover mine.  Glad yours, and your friends have been safe and not jumped.

If you like this style of tank, get yourself an aquanano 30 (22 litres). My betta lives happily in one. All equipment is hidden and it looks very sleek.

I too would always recommend a lid. I lost the the betta in my signature because he jumped his tank- it had a lid, but there was a small gap and he managed to get through. We found him too late
sad.png
I had never seen him jump prior to that, and have since had betta jump dividers on me, so they can jump surprisingly high. Not worth risking them, IMO.

Although it's a nice looking tank, it isn't suitable for any live stock. If you wanted something similar looking, you could always try the Superfish Qubies, they're very nice little tanks :)

Salam said:
If you like this style of tank, get yourself an aquanano 30 (22 litres). My betta lives happily in one. All equipment is hidden and it looks very sleek.
I have an Aquanano 40 (55 litre) currently and it's a great tank. I hadn't though of the 22 litre version, I think I'll look into one of those.

In a 22 litre what tank-mates could I get for a Beta?

Cheers.

Jim

He lives there with a rabbit snail only, nothing else. Depending on the personality of your betta you could try ghost shrimp, but it is all a risk. 

I think aquananos are pretty cool, I also have the 55 litre version set up as marine. Had to do some tweaks obviously, but the hidden chambers are a definite bonus.

Edit: The good thing with aquananos is that they have a lid, so no risk of the betta jumping out. 

Mine is a jumper! There is a small gap on the lid & he jumped out of it a couple of weeks ago. Lucky we were in the room when it happened & he survived.

I've got 6 ember tetra & 2 amano shrimp in with our betta. Been setup for 5mths without issue. Suppose it just depends on the individual.

Most reactions

Back