Beta can't float... what happened???

Paifii

Reaction score
Hi guys my beta's in a 10 gallon filtered heated tank by himself and I vacuum clean his tank every 1-2 weeks. I feed him brine shrimp once a day and the water parameters are all good (I tested them myself and tested it at a pet store). He's been unable to float and sinks to the bottom for around 1.5 months now. He's still able to swim and rests at objects near the top of the water, but whenever he swims up, his bottom half starts falling down. Here's some pictures of him. What do I do????
IMG-2820.jpg
IMG-2818.jpg
IMG-2816.jpg

I'm not a beta person although I DO find some very beautiful. I may be corrected on the following but it is the best that I can do...

If all you are feeding is brine shrimp that might be part of the issue. They need a variety of foods. When it comes to brine shrimp I would only feed them to any fish 2-3 times a week at the most alternating with other foods to round out their diet.

I'm not a beta person although I DO find some very beautiful. I may be corrected on the following but it is the best that I can do...

If all you are feeding is brine shrimp that might be part of the issue. They need a variety of foods. When it comes to brine shrimp I would only feed them to any fish 2-3 times a week at the most alternating with other foods to round out their diet.
Okay! thank you so much!!

He looks well. He is a victim of bad breeding, in my books. His fins are too long, and he lacks the core strength to pull them around.

A variety of foods is always good, but his fins have become a handicap and I would try a shallower set up.

Most reactions

Back