Best website for fish tanks (USA)

Connershawzz

Bichir dad
Reaction score
It’s time to start saving up for a bigger tank for my self , I like the top fin kits that petsmart sells ,the biggest they sell is a 55 gallon for around $150. But I’d like to get 75 gallon tank if possible. Anyone here have a recommendation?

It’s time to start saving up for a bigger tank for my self , I like the top fin kits that petsmart sells ,the biggest they sell is a 55 gallon for around $150. But I’d like to get 75 gallon tank if possible. Anyone here have a recommendation?
I am planning on setting up a 55 gallon tank soon. What are the dimensions of top fin’s 55 gallon?

I am planning on setting up a 55 gallon tank soon. What are the dimensions of top fin’s 55 gallon?
48 in L x 13 in W x 20 in H

It’s definitely temping. We have the 36 bow front , the 20 gal , and the 10 and we have loved everything about them. The silent stream 40 is a great filter too so I’m sure the silent stream 75 would be good too.

FYI I got a TOP-FIN tank with canopy a few years ago. The tank was good, seals good, finish ok. The biggest issue was the top fin tanks that have a cheap canopy, have an unusual size for the top shelve on the black plastic finish around the tank (where the glass cover would fit). They don't come with glass covers, or didn't, and the Top Fin glass covers where about 3/8ths too large. Without a diamond cutting disk for me cutting 3/8ths from the glass covers was difficult, and ended up being a bit on the rough side.

I also have Top Fin tanks as well as Aqueon. I’m satisfied with both brand tanks.

I bought the 75G Aqueon from Petco. Right now is $145. If you sign up for their monthly $10 care club, you get 15% off your accessories and a $5 gift card every month. I use the rewards a lot and its great to have the 15% off. Would take $22ish off the tank so you'd get it for a little over $120. It has a thicker top and bottom and a center support brace up top, but overall I have liked the tank. I bought the lid separate as well.

Do the larger tanks really need a mid line brace on top and bottom for support? The top brace prevents placement of glass top and some kinds of lighting. I found a 55 gallon tank by Aqueon without any midline braces. Will the structure be safe?

The structure is solid, but Aqueon sells a 2 piece lid as well. I like it since it keeps weight down with a 2 piece glass lid vs one. That is how I have mine set up. I'm running a Chihiros light without any impact from the center brace being there and don't get a shadow from it either The biggest con I have with the brace is when cleaning having to go around the brace.

The structure is solid, but Aqueon sells a 2 piece lid as well. I like it since it keeps weight down with a 2 piece glass lid vs one. That is how I have mine set up. I'm running a Chihiros light without any impact from the center brace being there and don't get a shadow from it either The biggest con I have with the brace is when cleaning having to go around the brace.
Does the Chihiros fasten onto a rimmed tank or do you need rimless model?

Does the Chihiros fasten onto a rimmed tank or do you need rimless model?
It doesn't fasten, but with the hardware it has an L type leg base that will lay solidly on the rim of that particular tank. It fits quite well.

Check marketplace. Here is just one posting on the other side of the lake from you. Scroll down from that and there are several other large tanks for sale.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...d&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

Years ago when this place was first making inroads they used to have a semiitruck they filled with their orders and they delivered them in the NE. I got tanks from them until their truck began breaking down and they had a problem delivering and I stopped buying from them. The tanks were just fine quality-wise and I bought from them until they had that issue.

They make all sorts ot ypes and sizes and sell a lot of related stuff. But now they ship it and do not deliver on their own, So they likely ship anyhwhere in the country. I cannot comment on the quality as it has been well over a decade since my last buy. But you should definitely poke around the site.

https://glasscages.com/

Years ago when this place was first making inroads they used to have a semiitruck they filled with their orders and they delivered them in the NE. I got tanks from them until their truck began breaking down and they had a problem delivering and I stopped buying from them. The tanks were just fine quality-wise and I bought from them until they had that issue.

They make all sorts ot ypes and sizes and sell a lot of related stuff. But now they ship it and do not deliver on their own, So they likely ship anyhwhere in the country. I cannot comment on the quality as it has been well over a decade since my last buy. But you should definitely poke around the site.

https://glasscages.com/
Looks great….but Very expensive.

Most reactions

Back