Beginner Tank

looks good! One thing: I would replace the background with a plain black one. It really makes your plants and fish (esp neons!) stand out more.

:good:

Thanks all for the comments:
RE Bronya
No it isnt, Has anyone in the history of neon tetras been able to breed them?

RE 14gtr14
I dont know about that, I just vaselined the background to the tank, and my god everything lit up, more light in the overall tank too, a plain background, ie white? wont that look a bit out of place?

People have indeed bred Neons. They need soft, acidic water to do so. The eggs are sensetive to light when layed and will fail to hatch if they are exposed to light. Not a breeding project for a beginner.

Nice tank by the way, hope everyone goes well.

Thanks all for the comments:
RE Bronya
No it isnt, Has anyone in the history of neon tetras been able to breed them?

RE 14gtr14
I dont know about that, I just vaselined the background to the tank, and my god everything lit up, more light in the overall tank too, a plain background, ie white? wont that look a bit out of place?

Nice Tank. A black background would look nice, the neons would show up against it.

The other pictures are nice, I went to Banff, it's a beautiful place.

another question for you guys
I have never had a ammonia /pH/nitrate test kit ever - I saw a ammonia indicator at petsmart, it has a dot in the center which changes color according to the levels in the tank and last for a year. does this work? i mean ive seen ammonia test kits for 20$ (and they are good for like 10 tests only), this thing is a bargain at 8.50????

Nice Tank. A black background would look nice, the neons would show up against it.

The other pictures are nice, I went to Banff, it's a beautiful place.

Banff/Jasper is amazing, Im hoping to go again this summer for climbing.... depending on financial situation that is :crazy:

many have breed neons. i was going to once but i decided to go into the marine direction.

I have never had a ammonia /pH/nitrate test kit ever - I saw a ammonia indicator at petsmart, it has a dot in the center which changes color according to the levels in the tank and last for a year. does this work? i mean ive seen ammonia test kits for 20$ (and they are good for like 10 tests only), this thing is a bargain at 8.50????

anyone?

anyone?

yeah the proper test kits are better, much more reliable, worth the money IMO

Most reactions

Back