Battery operated gravel vac?

Hi, I use a battery operated gravel vac. I find it useful for clean-ups between water changes(every 2 weeks). I do find that the cloth bag needs replacing after about 2 or 3 uses, but it does work well. :)

You could probably take some pantyhose and fashion your own bags instead of having to buy new ones all the time

Hi squirrelrabbits :)

A battery operated gravel vac in one of those things that just don't make any sense to have.

The best way to keep uneaten food off the tank floor is to simply feed less. Fish don't eat very much at one time, so put in half of what you have been giving them. If they eat it, you can always add more. If you are worried that they aren't eating enough this way, try switching to two small feedings a day, instead of one large one.

A gravel vac used properly is easy to start, so why use one with a battery that will need replacement from time to time?

As for returning water to the tank, why bother? :dunno: Just add fresh clean water every time you remove some. It will not hurt your beneficial bacteria at all. :D

Inchworm said:
Hi squirrelrabbits :)

A battery operated gravel vac in one of those things that just don't make any sense to have.

The best way to keep uneaten food off the tank floor is to simply feed less. Fish don't eat very much at one time, so put in half of what you have been giving them. If they eat it, you can always add more. If you are worried that they aren't eating enough this way, try switching to two small feedings a day, instead of one large one.

A gravel vac used properly is easy to start, so why use one with a battery that will need replacement from time to time?

As for returning water to the tank, why bother? :dunno: Just add fresh clean water every time you remove some. It will not hurt your beneficial bacteria at all. :D
why bother... to get rid of the pleco poop :)

I would love to get one to clean off the poop on the sand in between proper water changes.... I do them every other week, and sometimes the poo can start to build up, and the thought of lugging the long hose out for a 30 second clean isn't worth it.

I have got a battery operated gravel vac & I wouldn't swap it for anything. My son uses the non battery kind but guess who has the cleanest tank?

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

Most reactions

Back