Barbs, or no Barbs. That is the question...

DannyBoy17

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So, I got a nice, fairly tall 100g custom made aquarium. Ive got 5 Silver Dollars in there right now, 2 plecs (adding some more in future). I really love Angels, but if I get some, it means I cant get Tiger Barbs, or small fish like Neons. I also love barbs, and have lots of experience with them, but if I add some to my tank, I wont be able to get any slow moving fish, or anything with long flowing tails.

So, should I get the Angels, or should I get the barbs? :dunno:

angels will eat neons

I'd get barbs myself, much more fun to watch than angels! :)

Angelfish are really cool. I've got one and it doesn't eat the neons. They are actually too big for its mouth. It will eat baby ones though i think. Maybe if they are bought together and you let them grow up with each other theyre ok? Rosy barbs are really cool and theyre fine with angelfish too.

I was at the big al's your going to on sunday. They had some nice looking angels and some barbs... not sure if they were rosey... but they had a few tanks of barbs. Let me know if they have a bunch of angels still... ive been really thinking of getting a pair recently

these are my choices if i were you

1. angels and CARDINAL tetra
2. barbs..and more barbs :wub:
3. angels cardinal and barbs..huge risk..or maybe you can get a school of 20 or so barbs to minimize the nipping :unsure:

Great, hope the new arrivals settle in nicely,watch out for the neons as angels do tend to eat them.

They had lots, but I could only afford the little guys. I got three gold, and two silver. I think I am goin to get a couple more. Can anyone help me, I would love to try breeding (although I doubt they will breed for another few months).

Cheers.

Most reactions

Back