Bamboo shrimp compatible?

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have a 29 gallon heavily planted tank. It has an angel, Kribensis, baby electric blue Jack Dempsey as a grow out, rummy nose tetras and thinking about getting a panda garra. Can I get a bamboo shrimp? I want to know if it is compatible with the fish I have.

Possibly, if you are able to provide the bamboo shrimp with a current, as they need a current to feed. Whether its a powerhead, or a HOB filter with branches right below the outlet current for them to perch on. You will also need to target feed them powdered foods and cultured green water.

Possibly, if you are able to provide the bamboo shrimp with a current, as they need a current to feed. Whether its a powerhead, or a HOB filter with branches right below the outlet current for them to perch on. You will also need to target feed them powdered foods and cultured green water.
Ok. I have my hob output right over a piece of spider wood with moss and a powerhead.

Your fish are all semi-aggressive fish from Electric Blue Dempsey, Kribensis and Angel.
I think better don't put the Bamboo shrimp.
This shrimp can't defend itself.

Electric Blue Dempsey will grow quite fast.

Your fish are all semi-aggressive fish from Electric Blue Dempsey, Kribensis and Angel.
I think better don't put the Bamboo shrimp.
This shrimp can't defend itself.

Electric Blue Dempsey will grow quite fast.
Ok. The electric blue Jack Dempsey grows extremely slow. It hasn’t grown since I got it and it may take a year just to double in size

Ok. The electric blue Jack Dempsey grows extremely slow. It hasn’t grown since I got it and it may take a year just to double in size

It's weird. I used to have an Electric Blue Dempsey and it was the fastest growing fish in my tank.
It will eat the most food and it was very quick in eating.

It's weird. I used to have an Electric Blue Dempsey and it was the fastest growing fish in my tank.
It will eat the most food and it was very quick in eating.
Maybe it wasn’t true electric blue. Mine has barely grown and everything I’ve read and seen people say they grow extremely slow.

Most reactions

Back