Balloon Mollies Question

fishmandds

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i have a question about my two balloon mollies. I have 1 female and 1 male (i used to have a 2nd female but she died not to long about she was sick).
ok, when it comes around feeding time, the male kind of goes crazy and chases thew female basically into exhaustion, and tries to pick at her. every time she tries to get a bite he chases her. now is this normal? is it a competition thing, is he trying to mate, whats up!? just let me know your thoughts thanks :shifty:

also, i forgot to mention, after a while he quits and everything is back to normal, and it happens again when its feeding time.

is the male going at the button of the female near the anal fin, and sometimes even when u don't feed them do they still do that. mine do that, the male goes to the bottom of the female and looks like its pecking it but it don't. then a few weeks later it was pregnant and when the babies come out the male eats the babies pretty savage. but balloon mollys stick together.

but if u think its pecking look at the fins and see if theres any bites.

if it he male goes under the blue box it will OK its probably knocked up :) obversely it will take a while to see how big the belly is. mine is near twice as big as it was in that pic.

My female Balloon Molly gets chased by my other FEMALE molly(not a balloon)...hmm all very odd :blink:

shimmyhunny yer urs will be a pair but oversely never get pregnant. if u get a male ur two females will become pregnant.

shimmyhunny yer urs will be a pair but oversely never get pregnant. if u get a male ur two females will become pregnant.
well yeah they are a pair as there are two of them...and yeah they will obviously not get pregnant as they are both females...and yeah obviously they would get pregnant if there was a male present as thats what happens in nature...but there isnt a male present...and there never will be...and i was just saying its odd as the female chases the other female for no apparent reason...ok... :rolleyes:

is the male going at the button of the female near the anal fin, and sometimes even when u don't feed them do they still do that. mine do that, the male goes to the bottom of the female and looks like its pecking it but it don't. then a few weeks later it was pregnant and when the babies come out the male eats the babies pretty savage. but balloon mollys stick together.

but if u think its pecking look at the fins and see if theres any bites.

if it he male goes under the blue box it will OK its probably knocked up :) obversely it will take a while to see how big the belly is. mine is near twice as big as it was in that pic.

actually yes he chases her from underneath, near the anal area, so basically "he is trying to get some?" its the male that chase the female.

Get another female. Yes he is most likely" trying to get into her "pants" or whatever term you use". As many females as possible work as the male will stress the female out.

well yeah they are a pair as there are two of them...and yeah they will obviously not get pregnant as they are both females...and yeah obviously they would get pregnant if there was a male present as thats what happens in nature...but there isnt a male present...and there never will be...and i was just saying its odd as the female chases the other female for no apparent reason...ok... :rolleyes:

i might be wrong actually. if u brought them from a shop it can store alot of sperm so it might get pregnant....ok... :)

i might be wrong actually. if u brought them from a shop it can store alot of sperm so it might get pregnant....ok... :)

Yes i aready know that BUT you said that they are females and will never get pregant...yeah...and if i got a male then they would...yeah again...obviously...i dont know what point your trying to make but i was just saying how its funny that my two females chase each other, a joke, a funny moment, a time for a "lol"... :lol:

Most reactions

Back