Balloon body Molly fry not growing

Dravid.prater21

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m new here. Recently got into my aquarium hobby about a year and a half ago so I’m still learning! On to the questions:

I work at a nursing home and we also have a fish tank there that I am in charge of, one of my orange balloon body’s ended up obviously pregnant, before I could get her a breeding box she had them. Sadly all but one fry was eaten by the other fish. When I noticed the one left I pulled him out and brought him home and put him in a 2 gallon tank until he got a little bigger. Fast forward six months and he has definitely grown, but he is still only about an inch, no where near the size of his mother. He seems perfectly healthy and eats very well.

I moved him to my big tank with a few other fry’s that were born months after him and while my survivor fish is about an inch, the other fry are probably 2 1/2 inches and look much more mature. Is he just destined to be small forever, at this point he is about 8 months old. Is there anything I can do to help him along the way?

Thanks I’m advance for your time!

Hi and welcome tot he forum :)

Any chance of some pictures of the runt fry and his parents and siblings?

Like Colin has already mentioned, some pictures would be great.
But fish don't always grow at the same pace. Which is pretty normal.

Most reactions

Back