bacopa with roots

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jlo718

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello, I bought some bacopa which had no roots, will these be okay and root into the substrate? They were not easy to get in the substrate.

Yes, it uses roots primarily to anchor itself. It is considered a fast growing floating plant. I have it in my shrimp thank. It is one of the plants recommened when people do a silent/planted cycle because it absorbs ammonia at a higher rate than many plants. Because it absorbs what it needs through it's stem and leaves you do not need to plant it.

Awesome. I'm using it in my shrimp tank as well. Although it was a pain to get it into the substrate with no roots.

Any foreground plants you recommend? Right now using some pearl weed from my other tank.

I usually leave the foreground open for the fish to swim. Water sprite is another plant my shrimp seem to like and can float or be planted along with Anacharis. They all grow "tall" Anacharis in my sunken forest tank is about 3 feet tall and I used it to form a "gateway or arch" as it bends at the surface. It worked great for shade for my tetras.

Just finished aquascaping today so ill post a pic when it's clear

Its the fluval flex15, and right in the middle maybe a tiny bit on the hard side.

Guppies are small and hard water fish but are able to handle different water conditions better than most hard water fish. I have a hard water 30 gallon tank with fancy guppies in it. I had feeder guppies in my 30 gallon shrimp tank until they had so many fry I moved them to my RES Turtle tank. Many people with fancy guppies only buy males so they do not have the fry problem.

15 gallons does not give a lot of options, if you had soft water small tetra like ember tetra would be good. Check with your water provider and get you GH readings (general hardness) your water may be soft enough for them. You would need a shoal of 6.

Most reactions

Back