Backgrounds

Pablos

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have decided to keep the jewel 180 with my malawis in it but i need to make a background
Im going shopping in a bit
Whats the best thing to use?
I have looked in the diy section but im confused

e-bay have a few different backgrounds on offer

others use black or blue paper

i didnt have 1 to start but now got 1 with like tree roots on and the reversible side is BRIGHT GREEN LEAVES!!!!!!!(fish need visors).........so my angel now hangs out in the roots of the background - sorta sayin - come closer and ur mine!!!!!!

rob

I have one with plants, rocks, etc. on one side and totally black on the other. The black draws more attention to the fish. The one with plants and stuff makes it look more natural but a bit busy. I'd buy one that's doubled sided so you can flip them around and see which one you like. :)

Edit: You want to make one? Why? XD It's much easier to buy one. They're not that expensive.

i think that you need to chose one that you like and that may fit in with the kind of plants you have

it isn't that important but it helps to have a nice background it sets the tone
you could get a couple and change bettween them

I would like to make a 3d one in the tank but dont know what it fish safe etc

We are currently making one for our 5ft tank. We brought some slate roof tiles that we have shaped slightly and are adding wood to the top of that. The slate cost £30 and the wood also cost £30. Sounds a little expensive but it is a lot cheaper than some of the backgrounds out there!

Most reactions

Back