Background

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gasman

Reaction score
Hi guys.

This is probally a silly question but I've looked everywhere for 2 hours for tall back ground. My tank is 30 inch high. I've worked out that I can get away with 26 to 27 inch high background . Plain blue, anything really just cant find any ?? Higest is 24 inch.
Any help to point me where i can buy in the uk or a alternative i could buy.thank you

You can use coloured card, paint, plastic bin liner or check ebay or ask your local pet shop. They do aquarium backings in 30 inch high because we used to sell them at the shop.

Plain light blue I like. How make my self ?
Do you have an Arts and Crafts store?
"Michael's"
"Hobby Lobby"
"Office Depo"
Or a store that sells paper for posters or advertisements?

They have in differnt colours and dofferent sizes.

Hello,

Talking about outside or inside background, @Gasman ?

Last edited:
Happy day....you can buy a piece of closed cell foam core board, or even just plastic, in any colour you like and put it against the glass. They trim up pretty well, too. You could also buy a vinyl sticker from any number of online vendors, or use a spray paint like Krylon.

I used car vinyl bought from Ebay worked perfectly. I'm sure they had plenty of colours and you can request the size.

Hi guys.

This is probally a silly question but I've looked everywhere for 2 hours for tall back ground. My tank is 30 inch high. I've worked out that I can get away with 26 to 27 inch high background . Plain blue, anything really just cant find any ?? Higest is 24 inch.
Any help to point me where i can buy in the uk or a alternative i could buy.thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210323-102708_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210323-102708_eBay.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 52
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back