back to the wal mart thing

If only you could get some government officials to take such things seriously. Animal abusers get off amazingly easy when they are tried in the justice system. Most cases are either thrown out, plea bargained, or given sentences that are just slaps on the wrist. I don't know why they are treated so lightly. People that abuse animals are more likely to abuse people also.

The best way to hurt bad stores to is boycott them completely. I would never buy anything from Wal-Mart. They treat not only their animals poorly but they also treat their employees and customers poorly also.

I have a hard time boycotting my wal mart. A lady who used to work at the pet store started to work there and its been a really good place for me to check out some fish ever since :/ I never buy anything from other wal marts, though. I don't think this is helping any :huh:

Brattina88 said:
I have a hard time boycotting my wal mart. A lady who used to work at the pet store started to work there and its been a really good place for me to check out some fish ever since :/ I never buy anything from other wal marts, though. I don't think this is helping any :huh:
They sell fish at Wal-Mart (besides those poor Bettas:()

I've never seen the fish in Walmart, as I do not shop there for political reasons.

However, I was just in a Meier's over the weekend and what I saw made me sick.

Protest however you want, but money talks. Do not spend your hard earned money (on fish or anything else) at stores that cannot treat the animals they sell in humane conditions.

If you do, you're not allowed to complain in my book.

ive got fish from wal mart before. and didnt think there tanks looked that bad and the fish looked just ass good as most lfs. whats wrong with the way the treat them??

charliecanskatesome said:
Actually if wal-mart was shut down like almost a fifth of the us would lose their job.
I don't think a fifth of the US works for WalMart! I think if WalMart was shut down a lot of chinese slaves...um... I mean factory workers would be out of jobs.

Back to the Wal-Mart fish thing, if you haven't seen their tanks (at least in the majority of stores that I have seen) you are lucky. The tanks are stuffed with fish (some living, mostly dead) and no one seems to care or know anything about fish. Some lfs are like that too but all the WalMart fish centers I have been to are terrible.

Most reactions

Back